Always Keep These Items Out of Your Trash:
- Motor Oil
- Electronic Waste
- Hazardous Waste & Materials
- Liquid Paint
- Construction Waste
- Needles or Syringes
- Cooking Oil (This can be disposed of if solidified- add kitty litter to solidify)
- Dirt, Sod, Brick, Concrete or Rock
- Loose or Hot Ashes, Coals, or other flammable materials such as solvents, oil, gas, or paint
- Dead Animals (Please contact your local Humane Society for assistance)
BE AN EARLY BIRD- Get your trash & recycling curbside by 7 a.m. on your pick-up day.
BE WIND WISE- We recommend “bagging” all trash to prevent/reduce litter, especially during the windy season.
BE AN INSIDE-THE-CART CUSTOMER- Per Fort Collins ordinance, any trash outside of, on top of the cart (including if lid is cracked open) must be billed as extra trash. The current rate is $3.50/bag/can standard bundle or $3.50/GSI TEAL BAG (bundled at 20 bags/pkg)
BE A GOOD COMMUNICATOR- Contact us within 24 hours in advance for the following reasons:
- If you believe your service was skipped
- If you are going to have extra trash or large bulky items for removal then contact us at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled pick-up day
- If you need an immediate “Special Pick-up” of Large items on a day other than your regular pick-up day
Cart Placement Instructions
- Place carts at least two feet apart and 2-foot away from parked cars, recycling bins, fences, mailboxes, and other obstructions.
- Place carts with arrow (on the lid) facing the street and the handle facing your house.
- Place cart wheels as close to the curb as possible.
- AVOID having materials too tightly compacted (over-stuffing the cart) – this may result in an incomplete service by our automated trucks.
- Lid of cart must be closed (flat) or extra charges will be applied- perhaps a slight push on the lid will close it flat.
- Do not place anything on top of the cart.
- Unhook any temporary bungee cords or tie-down rope you may have used to secure the lid.
- Do not place dirt, sod, brick, concrete or rock in the cart.
- Keep debris from construction, remodeling, or demolition out of the cart.