Live Tree & Holiday Recycling in Northern Colorado 2022
‘TIS THE SEASON FOR HOLIDAY RECYCLING!
As the holiday season falls upon us, Christmas Tree drop-offs and holiday recycling comes to mind. Here, in our community, we love recycling and want to help our communities understand the best ways to manage their extras holiday waste and recycling.
From live trees to broken holiday lights and turkey grease, we have researched local options to help you rid yourself of the clutter, recycle what you can, and even ways to make business holiday gifting more sustainable this season.
CURBSIDE TREE PICKUP SERVICE:
Our customers can request a special curbside pickup of your Christmas tree by contacting us in advance. Your route driver will pick it up and take it to the landfill. The cost is $20 for under 6 ft. and $25 for over 6ft. Please email us at GSIcustomerservice@republicservices.com or call 970-484-5556.
NORTHERN COLORADO LIVE TREE RECYCLING DROP-OFF OPTIONS 2022
LOCATIONS IN LARIMER AND WELD COUNTY
- Fees may apply.
- Before dropping off your tree to be recycled, all items must be removed including lights, wires, hooks, ornaments, tinsel, and fake snow.
- We encourage calling ahead to ensure someone is on site.
BERTHOUD: December 26 through January 7 (970-532-4256) (FREE DROP-OFF FOR RESIDENTS)
- Berthoud Parks and Forestry building, 100 10th Street, Berthoud
Drop off times include: Staff asks that residents check into the Office prior to dumping.
- 7:00 am – 3:30 pm on weekdays beginning the morning of Dec. 26th.
- Open Saturday, Jan. 7th from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- CLOSED Saturday, Dec. 31st for New Year’s Eve & CLOSED Sundays
FORT COLLINS: December 26 through January 16 Various locations available. (CHARGES APPLY)
- City of Fort Collins: Timberline Recycling Center – Hard to Recycle Materials Yard, Timberline Recycling Center, 1903 S. Timberline Rd., Fort Collins ($10 PER TREE ($5 ENTRY FEE AND $5.00 PER TREE) )
- Ewing Landscape Materials (formerly Hageman’s)., 3501 E Prospect Rd, Fort Collins 970-221-7173 ($5 PER TREE)
- Larimer County Green Waste Program, 5887 S. Taft Hill Road, Fort Collins 970-498-5760 ($5 PER TREE)
EVANS: December 26 through January 31 (970-475-1125) (FREE DROP-OFF FOR RESIDENTS)
LOVELAND: December 25 through mid-January (962-2727) Must provide a current Yard Waste Debris Permit. (FREE DROP-OFF FOR RESIDENTS)
- Centennial Park, 977 W 1st St. (in the parking lot north of First Street, west of Swift Field).
- Kroh Park, 5200 N Garfield Ave. (adjacent to the Habitat for Humanity location).
- Loveland Recycling Center, 400 N. Wilson Ave. (off First Street & Wilson Avenue).
WELLINGTON: No Dates Given (970-568-3381) (FREE DROP-OFF FOR RESIDENTS)
- Open Space located at the corner of Sixth Street and Grant Avenue
WINDSOR: December 29 through January 29 (970-674-2440) (FREE DROP-OFF FOR RESIDENTS)
DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE ODDS & ENDS OF HOLIDAY RECYCLING, SUCH AS METAL, COOKING OIL AND ELECTRONICS!
- CHRISTMAS LIGHTS, METAL CHRISTMAS STANDS, VARIOUS METAL ITEMS: These items can be recycled with any metal recycling such as Aragon’s, Colorado Iron and Metal, and Anderson’s Metal, the City of Loveland or Timberline Recycling Center.
- COOKING OIL: These items can be taken to the City of Loveland, Timberline Recycling Center, and Larimer County Household Hazardous Waste Facility.
- ELECTRONICS & BATTERIES: Can be taken to the City of Loveland Recycle Center, Larimer County Hazardous Waste, Timberline Recycling Center, or the Weld County Hazardous Waste.
- BULK CARDBOARD BOXES: These items can be taken to the City of Loveland Recycle Center, Larimer County Recycle Center, or to the Timberline Recycling Center.