Live Tree & Holiday Recycling in Northern Colorado 2022
As the holiday season falls upon us, Christmas Tree drop-offs and holiday recycling comes to mind. Here, in our community, we love recycling and want to help our communities understand the best ways to manage their extras holiday waste and recycling.
From live trees to broken holiday lights and turkey grease, we have researched local options to help you rid yourself of the clutter, recycle what you can, and even ways to make business holiday gifting more sustainable this season.
CURBSIDE TREE PICKUP SERVICE:
Our customers can request a special curbside pickup of your Christmas tree by contacting us in advance. Your route driver will pick it up and take it to the landfill. The cost is $20 for under 6 ft. and $25 for over 6ft. Please email us at GSIcustomerservice@republicservices.com or call 970-484-5556.
NORTHERN COLORADO LIVE TREE RECYCLING DROPOFF OPTIONS 2022:
- Fees may apply.
- Before dropping off your tree to be recycled, all items must be removed including lights, wires, hooks, ornaments, tinsel, and fake snow.
- We encourage calling ahead to ensure someone is on site.
TREE DROP OFF LOCATIONS FOR LARIMER AND WELD COUNTY:
FORT COLLINS: Various locations available. (CHARGES APPLY)
- City of Fort Collins: Timberline Recycling Center – Hard to Recycle Materials Yard, Timberline Recycling Center, 1903 S. Timberline Rd., Fort Collins ($10 PER TREE ($5 ENTRY FEE AND $5.00 PER TREE) )
- Ewing Landscape Materials (formerly Hageman’s)., 3501 E Prospect Rd, Fort Collins 970-221-7173 ($5 PER TREE)
- Larimer County Green Waste Program, 5887 S. Taft Hill Road, Fort Collins 970-498-5760 ($5 PER TREE)
EVANS: (FREE DROP-OFF) Dec 26th to Jan 31st
LOVELAND: Dec. 25 through mid January (962-2727) Must provide a current Yard Waste Debris Permit. (FREE DROP-OFF)
- Centennial Park, 977 W 1st St. (in the parking lot north of First Street, west of Swift Field).
- Kroh Park, 5200 N Garfield Ave. (adjacent to the Habitat for Humanity location).
- Loveland Recycling Center, 400 N. Wilson Ave. (off First Street & Wilson Avenue).
DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE ODDS & ENDS OF HOLIDAY RECYCLING, SUCH AS METAL, COOKING OIL AND ELECTRONICS!
- CHRISTMAS LIGHTS, METAL CHRISTMAS STANDS, VARIOUS METAL ITEMS: These items can be recycled with any metal recycling such as Aragon’s, Colorado Iron and Metal, and Anderson’s Metal, the City of Loveland or Timberline Recycling Center for a small fee.
- COOKING OIL: These items can be taken to the City of Loveland, Timberline Recycling Center, and the Larimer County Household Hazardous Waste Facility (FOR A FEE).
- ELECTRONICS & BATTERIES: Can be taken to the City of Loveland Recycle Center, Larimer County Hazardous Waste, Timberline Recycling Center, or the Weld County Hazardous Waste (FOR A FEE).
- BULK CARDBOARD BOXES: These items can be taken to the City of Loveland Recycle Center, Larimer County Recycle Center, or to the Timberline Recycling Center.