The Green Kids Art, or Make Every Day Earth Day, project is designed to allow individual school organizations/students to create a mural on a blank canvas roll-off container. Thereafter, the container will be used for waste and recycling services provided by Gallegos Sanitation to the general public. A monetary portion of the each load hauled using their Green Kids Art roll-off is given to the participating school or classroom when each container is contracted and paid by our customers.
The GSI Green Team will:
- Collaborate with the local schools, principals, art teachers and/or other selected sponsors, to organize the project “Make Everyday Earth Day.”
- Provide a “blank canvas” white 12-yard or 20-yard roll-off container, placed at the assigned school location. Delivery/vacate dates & location will be requested by the art teacher/sponsor.
- Communicate and make schedule adjustments with participating schools if inclement weather prohibits:
- The delivery or vacate schedule of the roll-off container;
- The start or end of the proposed timeline to begin and/or complete the project.
- Provide acrylic paints (colors requested by Art Teacher) to be used in the painting of the mural.
- Place a Gallegos Sanitation sticker (24″ x 18″) on the rear end of the roll-off container to identify the box as GSI property, and provide website and phone number information. A three-inch border will be placed around the sticker as a buffer between the sign and mural.
- Request that no painting will cover the GSI sticker, and the border that will be placed on the rear end of the roll-off container.
Participating schools will:
- Submit in writing, a request to participate in the Green Kids Art project. On this request each school will list two project start & completion dates,* the supervising adult sponsor and contact information.
- Start/Complete date: It is the goal of the “Make Everyday Earth Day” project to complete the mural within a five-day schedule. Two start/completion dates are selected; named as primary and secondary, to allow for weather postponement of the project.
- Collaborate with facilities in selecting two location sites on the school grounds that are accessible for the delivery/vacate of a roll-off container, and deemed as a safe area for students to participate in painting activities.
- Submit a drawing of the proposed “Make Everyday Earth Day” mural for approval by the GSI Green Team. We encourage students to paint their school name as part of the mural.
- Have the Sponsor/Art Teacher communicate in a timely manner with the GSI Green Team if inclement weather delays the project timeline.
- Provide adequate ground cover/paint drop-cloths to surround the roll-off when students are painting so as to protect the ground under the roll-off. In the event that no cover can be located, the Art Teacher will notify Gallegos Sanitation to obtain additional materials.
- Provide the appropriate paint brush materials, containers, and clean-up location. If extra equipment is needed, the school Art Teacher or Sponsor may contact the GSI Green Team for more materials.
- Recognize the Green Kids Art project-“Make Everyday Earth Day” as a viable opportunity to enhance artistic creation, foster environmental stewardship, and provide a fundraising resource for participating schools.