Where to Recycle Your Christmas Tree
2017 Christmas Tree Drop-Off Locations and Information:
All decorations must be removed from trees prior to drop-off. Please remove all:
Wreaths Plastic bags
Ornaments Tree stands
Please note the following drop –off locations below.
Fort Collins Drop-off Sites:
The City of Fort Collins will accept Christmas trees from December 26, 2016, to January 16, 2017. Trees will be chipped on site and processed into wood mulch for residential use.
• Edora Park, 1420 E. Stuart St. (Tennis Court parking lot)
• Larimer County Landfill, 5887 S. Taft Hill Road (Mon. – Sat., 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
• Rolland Moore Park, 2201 S. Shields St. (Southeast corner of the parking lot)
• Fort Collins Streets Facility, 625 Ninth St. (Southwest corner of Vine Drive and Lemay Avenue)
• Fossil Creek Park, 5821 S. Lemay Ave. (enter from Lemay Avenue)
Hageman’s Earth Cycle: Located at 3501 E Prospect Rd, Fort Collins; 970-221-7173
Cost is $1.00 per tree. Winter hours are 8-4:30 Monday – Saturday weather permitting
Loveland Drop-off Sites:
The City of Loveland will accept Christmas trees from December 21st to January 31st. Three drop- off sites are open daily from sun-up until sun-down. This service is FREE of charge to the public.
The Christmas tree recycling at the two parks locations provides mulch for trees and planter beds in the City parks.
• The Southern Site is Centennial Park – located at West 1st & Taft Avenue
(in the parking lot north of First Street, just west of Swift Field)
• The Northern Site is Kroh Park – located at North Highway 287 & 52nd Street
(adjacent to the Habitat for Humanity location).
• The Western Site is at the Loveland Recycling Center – located at 1st Street & Wilson Avenue. Residents must provide a current Yard Waste Debris Permit in order to dispose of their Christmas tree for free at the Recycling Center. Please note that the Recycle Center is CLOSED on Mondays, and for the holidays of 12/25 & 1/1. Regular hours are Tuesday-Sunday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
For additional information on the Loveland Recycling Center drop-off location, please call: (970) 962-2529. You may also direct questions about the two parks locations to the Parks & Recreation Administration Office at: (970) 962-2727.
Windsor Drop Off Site:
• Brush Recycling Site 801 Diamond Valley Dr.
At the Brush Recycling Site there is no charge for Christmas tree drop off, however, you must present a valid permit. Permits can be obtained at the Brush Recycling Site, Windsor Town Hall and the Windsor Community Recreation Center.
Windsor Brush Christmas Tree Recycling Hours
o December 26-30: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
o December 31: 10 a.m. – Noon
o January 1: CLOSED
o January 2-6: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
o January 7: Resume normal hours, Noon – 4 p.m.
Wellington Drop Off Site:
• Town Garage (Corner of Sixth Street and Grant Avenue)
They will accept Christmas trees from December 26 to January 16. Trees will be chipped on site and processed into wood mulch for residential use.
Greeley Drop off Sites: N/A