We do our best to be the one supplier to meet ALL your waste disposal needs. We go above and beyond by providing collection of large bulk items where our competition falls short.
Some items are just not acceptable in our curbside or other onsite services. For unacceptable items, we try to provide recycle outlets customers can use to get rid of these items.
Hard to Recycle Materials
Electronic Waste (E-Waste):
Electronic waste (or e-waste) is electronic equipment that is obsolete or no longer working. As of July 1st, 2013, it is illegal to put your E-Waste into the landfill.
Learn more about E-Waste, download the following:
Contact IT Refresh for service options
- Yardwaste Recycling – Call Customer Service 970-484-5556 with questions.
Appliances – Large / Bulky Non-Working:
- Contact the our dispatch office to schedule a pickup – (970) 484-6574
- If you are upgrading to an Energy Star appliance, check out the Fort Collins Utilities appliance rebate program or refrigerator rebate program, or you can contact (970) 221-6700.
- Fort Collins Police Services
Used Building Materials:
Plastic Bags #2 and #4:
- Big Box Stores- bring to big box stores to recycle
Small Propane Tanks:
- Larimer County Household Hazardous Waste Facility (Larimer County Residents Only)
- Drop off old prescription glasses at your local Lens Crafters, Pearle Vision, Sears, Target, and local Lions Club.
Household Hazardous Waste:
Asphalt, Concrete, Porcelain Toilets and Fill Dirt:
***The city will not charge to accept these items. Be sure they are clean and free of branches, trash, and organic matter.
- Contact the Fort Collins Street Department (970) 221-6615 (Located on Hoffman Mill Road)
- Click here to read more on the City of Fort Collins website
- Single-stream recycling
CFL Light Bulbs:
- Ace Hardware (Berthoud, Clay’s, Downtown Fort Collins, Greeley, Orchards and Windsor), Home Depot, Lowe’s, Drake Hardware, Larimer County Landfill Hazardous Waste Collection Facility and The Light Center.
- Batteries Plus, (you must cover positive terminal with tape) and Larimer County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility.
- Ace Hardware ( Berthoud, Downtown Fort Collins, and Orchards), Batteries Plus, Best Buy, and Interstate All Battery Center.
Materials to Trash:
- Automotive chemical containers such as motor oil and antifreeze bottles
There are no recycling options for styrofoam used as food packaging or molded; however, styrofoam peanuts can be recycled at the following places:
- The UPS Store
- Relay Mail